View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 04:53 PM   #391
MajorSupreme
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I just want something to build on honestly. It doesn't have to be perfect year one but there has to be something. If it's just in with nothing that correlates with it then it's a failure.

Why put any time into signing a practice squad when it means nothing? Why take time to hire a coaching staff that has no effect on the players on my roster? Why play preseason?

I don't want to have to ask those questions when it comes to CFM. It doesn't have to be perfect just something that has some sort of affect to make it worthwhile.
Again, I'm 100% with you. But making certain features worthwhile is also somewhat subjective to the player.

Player A: When it comes to signing a practice squad, player A looks at those 8 players and realizes they have chosen those 8 prospects out of those 37 cut (90 to 53) that played well enough to stay a part of the team. Player A well knows that any of those 8 can eventually be starters and a keen evaluation is absolutely necessary for the benefit of the team.

That same player comes to the offseason. Their head coach led their team to a 5-11 year, and they has parted ways with said coach. An offensive coordinator that was with a team that passed for over 4000 yards and was in the top 10 for rushing is available. Knowing well enough that the player's team struggled immensely on offense, Player A chooses this coordinator to be the new Head Coach.

Player B: Sign 8 random guys they want to fill the practice squad, only thinking of them as immediate band-aids for an injured player and any other use is nothing more than satire.

Offseason roles around, and this one coach has a cool name and went 10-6. Screw stats, sign him up.

To me, the player can bring the game farther. But to your point, a coach should have a large impact on players (progression, regression, on the field play). You should never have to ask those questions in a good franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove