Old 07-13-2014, 10:22 PM   #9
NicVirtue
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Jump Balls in M15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
It wasn't just the tourney guys complaining, RC was an issue across the board for H2H play. To your point though, instead of fundamentally addressing it they took it out. In hindsight, it probably would have been better to just allow an option to disable WR straffing in H2H play, until the core problem could be fixed.

I think a main issue with jump balls, like with RC, is the lack of animations to represent a process for securing/gaining possession of the football for a catch. There's very few players in the real NFL out there snatching balls out the air, like seemingly just about any player can do in Madden. If they would represent that process of securing those type catches and differentiate player's capability of that skill, along with them being able to successfully come down with the ball, this aspect of the game would be much better, imo.
I think it's the lack of effort to TRY and go up and attack the ball. I'm really tired of seeing WR's wait for the ball to come to them, CLEARLY seeing that DB behind/in front of them waiting to snatch the ball. Also with the lack of interaction, jump balls aren't even a position/size/ability game, as it usually is in the NFL, it's more of a coin toss in Madden.