View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 10:57 PM   #34
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Idigital Times Madden 15 Hands On EA Summer Showcase(near final build)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
What's an unrealistic INT though? If you throw the ball and hit's the defenders hands he should catch it most of the time, depending on the player of course. Now if you do that 7 times are they unrealistic because the NFL average is 2? I don't think so. Unrealistic is the LB leaps and psychic DB type stuff.

I do agree there should be more balls on the ground than picked off. Madden needs to add a lot to the WR/DB interaction and that will stop balls from being picked off. I think you mentioned before about how WRs turn into defenders to stop INTs in the NFL, so until they do that, among other things, in Madden too there will be more INTs.

The biggest issue with madden is the way people play it. Better yet, the way Madden allows people to play. Why did dropping back 15 yards and throwing bombs become a norm? Because madden allowed it. So now people will just have to adjust.
Meaning plays where some kind of pass break up would occur in real life, instead of an INT. Just because someone throws a pass even to a well covered receiver, doesn't mean it's an automatic INT in real life, there are so few INTs in the real NFL because catching all but the easiest of them, like tip balls, overthrows or jumping routes, is difficult. What makes the elite pass defenders elite is the fact that they will hawk the ball like a receiver, trying to make the catch/INT, where other pass defenders just generally look to break up the pass or at least make the tackle. That's partly because of concern of DPI and Defensive holding/illegal use of hands but that's not relevant to Madden either so....

Anyway my point was that seeing as Madden lacks so many of the elements to represent real world processes that lead to incompletions instead of INTs, they end up having dropped INTs occur in those situations, which I guess is better than unrealistic INTs.