View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 11:22 PM   #35
The_Balm
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Idigital Times Madden 15 Hands On EA Summer Showcase(near final build)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Meaning plays where some kind of pass break up would occur in real life, instead of an INT. Just because someone throws a pass even to a well covered receiver, doesn't mean it's an automatic INT in real life, there are so few INTs in the real NFL because catching all but the easiest of them, like tip balls, overthrows or jumping routes, is difficult. What makes the elite pass defenders elite is the fact that they will hawk the ball like a receiver, trying to make the catch/INT, where other pass defenders just generally look to break up the pass or at least make the tackle. That's partly because of concern of DPI and Defensive holding/illegal use of hands but that's not relevant to Madden either so....

Anyway my point was that seeing as Madden lacks so many of the elements to represent real world processes that lead to incompletions instead of INTs, they end up having dropped INTs occur in those situations, which I guess is better than unrealistic INTs.
I agree. Madden DBs warp to the ball way to fast (and the balls are under thrown all the time). It's definitely not that the DBs are catching too many balls that are right to them, it's that they're in position to make an INT way too much. The DBs need to be just out of position and only able to tip the ball a lot more often.

While sliders help, I really don't want to use them as they're a total band-aid for awful animations and overall horrendous player moment. Not to mention they make the two hand INT drop animation happen even more.
Advertisements - Register to remove