View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #19
m1ke_nyc

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
Growing up this used to be my favorite game next to LIVE. I would play Madden for hours at a time and it was mad fun. Now it seems like I can't even bring myself to finish one game. There's so much broken with it in terms of fundamentals, and just the overall fun factor has been missing for YEARS IMO. Things like lack of PI calls, running animations, and DB/WR interactions are at the top of my list. I got Madden on PS4, and don't think I played it more than 3 times.

Year after year, we hear "This is the best Madden" yet, and once the excitement from the new game wears offs, the same old legacy issues we talk about every off-season generate a boat load of threads. Over the years, I've watched how this forum has changed, and a lot of it has to do with the quality/frustration of the game.

I really hope this truly is the Madden I've been waiting for, or at least a recognizable step in the right direction.
Alot of the impressions from the reviews suffer from this. Watching the E3 vids I still see the same issues we all have been complaining about for years. The game does look better, but its still lacking in so many ways. You start playing the game and it feels fresh and different. Then next thing you know a week goes by and your falling into the same habits because AI and gameplay in general is still pretty much the same. You start getting annoyed by the same issues that have been in the game for years. I thought Madden 25 was good at first then I noticed I was marching up and down the field on All Madden using the same routes I did in Madden 11.