Old 07-15-2014, 01:11 PM   #31
Senator Palmer
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Ian talked about WR/DB interactions, O/D line interactions, true player motion and foot planting, realistic penalties, QB inaccuracy, Etc....???

Please show me where that is because I know Ian talked about in M11, the illusion of cutting left & right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-movement.html

Player Movement:
Quote:
To me, 09 reaches the perfect balance between the ultra-twitch of 08 and the un-steerable feel of last-gen. I guess the difference with me though is that I am not going to try to get on here and "sell" or "hype" our version of momentum to you - you need to see it for yourself. I realize your concerns...you don't have to plant and gather for 180 cuts, you can turn and face a direction immediately without having to curve, you can do ridiculous moves while sprinting, etc. Those have all been addressed, but some have more give than others for fun-factor. You'll see in the blog that Simon is releasing this week that a big trick to our new engine has been in actually implementing and forcing gather animations for all these situations that last year had nothing (i.e turning on a dime), but our engine allows those animations to be steered and modified procedurally based on ratings. This to me brings a much better balance between true realism while still feeling like you are in full control of the player.
QB Accuracy: if you remember, it was under Ian that ratings for deep, medium, and short QB throwing accuracy were introduced.

http://www.thegamerslab.com/communit...B-Improvements

Quote:
New QB Ratings
Our next big change for the QB position was the addition of some new ratings. For countless years we've basically had Throw Power, Throw Accuracy, and Awareness as the only ratings for the QB position, so it's very hard to differentiate the players correctly and have them perform more like their real-life counterparts with just those few. For example, a superstar like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning would previously have a very high Throw Accuracy rating like a 98, well that had to be the case for a 5 yard screen or a 65 yard heave! Here are our new ratings:

1. Deep Ball Accuracy: Determines the accuracy on deep passes (streaks, deep posts, etc)
2. Medium Passing Accuracy: Determines the accuracy on medium passes (outs, corners, etc)
3. Short Passing Accuracy: Determines the accuracy on short passes (quick smash, flats, etc)
4. Throw on the Run: Creates a modifier to accuracy when the QB is throwing on the run. Every QB will take some sort of accuracy hit when throwing on the run, but a QB that has a high rating here will take a smaller hit.
5. Play Action: Determines the 'effectiveness' of Play Action for a QB, i.e. how often they can fake out or freeze the defense (which is obviously weighted against the defenders Play Recognition ratings)]
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/hu...ngs.181981031/

Quote:
It's been one of my pet peeves with football games for years: it's terribly hard to tell a difference between the QBs outside of arm strength and running speed. Will a quarterback with lower accuracy actually be off target with more throws?

Donny: First off, it is a really comfortable chair. Now to your question.

I think we have captured the strengths and weaknesses of each one of the quarterbacks in the league like never before for Madden NFL 10. No longer is every QB rated 80+ in throw accuracy. We now see guys covering a wider spread, rated anywhere from 50 to 99. This meant totally re-tuning the passing game, but it was something that we felt had to be done.

You can see immediate differences just by taking the Dolphins into practice mode and checking them out. First, we have Chad Pennington. He is rated amongst the best QBs in the game in short and intermediate accuracy. However, he has a sub 75 rated arm (Throw Power), so you do not want to take too many chances deep with Pennington. Throwing the deep out across the field with Chad Pennington = not a bright idea in Madden NFL 10.
Wide Receiver/Defensive Back Interactions: there's a video he posted also that's still floating around. Might take a bit to find. But there was a complete blog dedicated that very thing that's no long on their website...

http://sportsgaming.wordpress.com/20...en-10-ncaa-10/

http://www.pastapadre.com/2009/03/02...b-improvements

Quote:
Second, we took a page from the FIFA team and added in the concept of ‘jostling’. Personally I am extremely stoked to have this in the game because I’ve written a design for it for 5+ years in a row…unfortunately we just never had the technology to accomplish it. The ‘jostling’ concept is a set of looping 2-man animations that can play for the WR and DB as they run downfield. The main reason that I am so big on these animations is that it really helps alleviate a balance problem that has existed in Madden for years. I’m talking about the fact that traditionally you can send a player with a 99 speed rating (regardless of his other ratings like route running, catching, etc) on a streak and easily get behind a defender in man coverage. In real life, regardless of the difference in speed, a good defensive back can use his body to keep the receiver in check… a fly route is rarely an untouched foot-race sprint to the endzone.
Offensive/Defensive Line: It was under Ian that the offensive line blocking logic was first re-written. Madden 11 was pretty much dedicated to new run blocking.

Here's the vid he posted while he was tweaking the pass rush...

Realistic Penalties: I don't think anyone has ever really taken that one on realistically.

Last edited by Senator Palmer; 07-15-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove