Old 07-15-2014, 07:16 PM   #74
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer - Tackling Mechanics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyD81
This is a video montage that literally has those kind of hits in it, and it's from the NFL. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS91y9WHuiM

I understand the point of those kind of hits happening less often, but to say they don't happen at all, I gotta disagree with you there man. Ultimately, you also gotta factor in the "it's a video game" element as well.

Like I said, I agree that it should be nullified to an extent, but if it was EA, 2k, or whoever the name brand, if there's a "big hit" button command, that's exactly what people expect to see when that controller command is entered when playing these games....a big hit.
Et tu, Smitty?

I don't know you personally man but I did and have followed your Youtube videos, radio show, etc, kind of surprised maybe to see you take such a stance. I agree gamers expect to have a big impact occur when using a "big hit" button but that doesn't need to translate into an outcome out of context for the situation. I think any gamer would be just as satisfied to see the in-game player attempt a "big hit" and they receive the worst end of it if applicable, like in real life.