Old 07-16-2014, 11:50 AM   #89
NicVirtue
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer - Tackling Mechanics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyD81
I understand what you're saying, but those types of big hits happen in the NFL. When trying to depict a DYNAMICALLY CHAOTIC sport like football, there is no manuscript to follow that says how a "big hit" can be depicted in video game form/real life, or who can make the big hit. As you seen in that video, the tackling can be VERY violent in appearance, but can also be very textbook too. ESPN, NFL Network or someones top 10 plays doesn't determine how an element can or should be played out. It just needs to be in the game as an available tool to be utilized. The caliber of the hit, depending on the player ratings, size, situation, etc. should determine how the hit can play out.
In context. They do. In Madden, they seem to just happen based on hit power rating, more so than in the appropriate context. Nearly all the clips of big hits provided so far, that were similar to the ones in Madden were done in the right context, where a receiver was not even ready to make a move once he caught the ball. There's a clip in the trailer that has Patrick Willis smashing Marshawn Lynch as if he isn't Marshawn Lynch, while he's running squared up. I have NEVER seen Lynch get blown up by any 1 man in that context, and in that manner.

And there have been times in the past when people would say "oh they're just showing it off for the trailer, you won't be able to do it that easy in the final game", and when the final product comes out, any and everyone can do it. Not saying you're saying that, but I can feel that notion coming on. It's just like the stiff arms from NCAA. I'm not saying take the hit stick out the game, I'm saying that even if a guy like Patrick Willis tries to blow up Marshawn Lynch, while he's running straight at him, then those WWE style hits should not be in the animation pool, as Lynch is not one to be thrown around by 1 man. Not because his trucking is 100, but because he keeps his feet moving/churning and his size/strength plays a role as well. Madden has the wrong ratings doing the work.