View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 01:06 PM   #1
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Realistic Contracts Finally?

I'm worried that in Madden 15 we'll still have the overly simplified contracts for CFM.

Why? Because I play as the 49ers, and it turns out that Colin Kaepernick's new deal is very team friendly... unless, of course, he hits all his escalators. For example, if he makes it to a Super Bowl or as a 1st Team All Pro, he basically gets an additional 2 million dollars per season. He loses 2 million for every season that he doesn't attain that, but once he does he gets that money.

His contract is full of little de-escalators like that. But will Madden just go with the status quo and give him the full contract? It is highly unlikely he will hit every incentive on this incentive-heavy deal, so what will Madden do about it?

If they just assume the entire contract is guaranteed, or break his escalators down into Madden's typical "bonus," it will be OVERVALUING the contract, which means Kaepernick will take a larger portion of your cap space in the game than in real life. On the other hand, if they only go by what is guaranteed, then Kaepernick is going to have about a 13 million dollar contract, which is completely unrealistic on the other side of it.

Why can't there be realistic contracts, with incentives and escalators? I know it's be a bit more work for EA/Tiburon, but who said they can't hire a few more people to spread the work out?

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 07-16-2014 at 01:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove