Old 07-16-2014, 07:31 PM   #141
StefJoeHalt
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Because to the casual gamer there's no difference.

For example, no one I work with at SRRN Games plays Madden. I am the only sports gamer at my video game office. Very few people I work with even watch NFL football. My colleagues, should they ever play Madden assuming their current level of knowledge, won't care or even notice that this year's game doesn't have AI jostling between the WR and DB downfield. The game already looks plenty enough like real life - speaking to graphics and animation - for them to reasonably think that Madden is an authentic NFL video game.

What they will notice is if the game teaches them the gameplay mechanics of throwing passes down field, of identifying running lanes, of breaking tackles, of making tackles, of playing coverage, of calling plays. They will care about how to play and succeed at the game first and foremost.

It's not that a game can't be authentic and a video game. Clearly it can be both. My argument is that anything the user touches has rather obvious priority, and the game will rightly be designed as such.

CM I understand ur point here..but may I ask u this? If they played another football title game which I won't mention..do u think these non football people would see the difference? See the movements? The basics of movements? The interaction of all 22 players?

I think ur giving those gamers/casual core not enough credit..once the graphics "wear" off..I'm pretty sure they would notice the issues..what's funny is my belief is hardcore Football gamers are the one's that can't turn Madden down..cause they need the "fix"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Advertisements - Register to remove