View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 12:32 PM   #179
bucky60
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats not the only demo. There are more people in the "I like the NFL but dont know what hot routes, bump and run and A gaps are" demo then in the hardcore demo that resides at OS. That demo doesnt care about realistic lineman interaction/wr/db interaction/linebackers hitting the right gap. They dont care about the lack of pass interference penalties. I'm not saying that they would object to EA make those improvements. I'm just saying that those arent things that will sell them on a game.
I would like to see the above, but that doesn't sell me the game either. What sells me the game is realistic outcomes to games. I don't disagree with those that talk about the process because they are right and it would make the game better for me. But I'm more concerned with realistic outcomes to games, scores, statistics, non player controlled AI, simmed stats, and a realistic offseason/off field franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Also and this isnt a shot at you Bucky but I'm sick of people here acting as if Madden has no realism. Like we are playing Mutant League Football or something. The game isnt as realistic as the Show or NBA 2k can be (they only reach the realism threshold with slider tweaks and ratings adjustments) but it is somewhat realistic.
What is greatly unrealistic to me is the offseason/off field. No matter how much the gameplay is worked on, and I will never complain about improved gameplay, the game will be disappointing to me w/o a realistic off season/off field franchise.

I thought M12 franchise was implemented very poorly but was at least headed in the right direction and it had me pretty excited. Then M13 came along and was a complete disappointment to me.

aholbert, this post is just so you can hopefully understand my frame of mind. The Show, with in reason, gives me this along with NBA2K. Madden seems like it's going in the opposite direction. I just don't want a game to make me feel like I'm sticking a quarter into an arcade machine. It takes all the joy out of it. Other games in the exact same Genre seem to be able to accomplish what Madden seems to not want to accomplish.