Old 07-17-2014, 02:05 PM   #207
CM Hooe
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Review Fix: Rex Dickson and Brian Murray Talk Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
OK and my point still holds true that, What is evident is that there is no one "right" way to institute a control scheme in a simulation video game because gamers have varying preferences for how to play/interact with games, that can change, so again, the best approach to control schemes are options.
Sure, options can be good to the extent that they don't interfere with the designer's artistic vision of the game. I never disputed that. I'm not really sure what we're debating here.

Quote:
So I take this as a "no", we can't can't have a reasonable discussion because not only do you refuse to stop with this "it's a video game first" rhetoric but have now even upped the ante with there's no such thing as a simulation video game.
What you call "we can't have a reasonable discussion" I call a profound disagreement in definitions. Which is okay. I really don't feel like I've offered any opinion which is particularly controversial or unreasonable.

Quote:
The irony is, I wasn't then nor now trying to be flippant (I'm glad you spelled out because I had been using "flipped" lol), you are the one not taking this discussion seriously, for lack of a better term, by taking seemingly disingenuous stances.
I mean, it's a message board so I only take anything here but so seriously, but again at no point have I not been completely candid. I'm not obligated to agree with you.