View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 07:09 PM   #20
Azcardinal32
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: The Extra Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Actually, I don't agree with what I've bolded. I think the answer is much simpler than this. It had wow factor because they simply copied what ESPN really does on television. They didn't invent any of it. From graphic overlays, to the personalities used, to how they actually talk, to the logos - everything was just copied from real life. NBA 2k and MLB the Show do the exact same thing. That's the problem most people have with Madden's presentation - it is always something that they invented instead of what is actually seen on television. Sorry, but no one is going to think that Tiburon does NFL presentation better than CBS, Fox, NFL Network or ESPN
Another thing that they do that kills the immersion of presentation is putting their EA Sports logo everywhere. I get that they are trying to market themselves in this way, I understand the marketing point of it.

And maybe this is silly but seeing EA Sports everywhere while I am playing a game kills the immersion for me. If they would replace the EA sports logos in banners and stadiums with the NFL logo, it would go a long way towards making things look more realistic.. But that will never happen, EA Sports loves them some EA Sports

Last edited by Azcardinal32; 07-17-2014 at 07:37 PM.