Old 07-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #89
kjcheezhead
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
@Skyboxer why oh why did you post that slowed video, it really made the deficiencies stand out, lol. Aside from the stuff already pointed out extensively, at the 1:25 mark in that video the pass thrown by the rookie QB Blake Bortles seems to be right on target, even with a defender bearing down on him, right in his face when releasing. I thought pressure was supposed to effect accuracy, especially for lesser skilled QBs and this guys a rookie. I bring this up because hopefully that's something that can be tweaked before release.

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...e-passing-game"QBs now throw a number of inaccurate passes determined by their accuracy ratings and pocket pressure, with the level of accuracy ranging from “very inaccurate” to “perfect.” As in the real NFL, there's a much higher chance of being inaccurate when under pressure."

Does anybody else see that or does it look like to you guys the pass was effected?

That slowed down video killed any props I had for this game. The animations and player movement were showcased as the worst of any sports game. There is just no fight from the wrs either.

The accuracy does concern me as well. I've only seen a couple of inaccurate passes in all the footage released, most completions are either perfect chest level or the wr has to jump for it. I just don't see enough variety. It would be nice to see them go to a knee to make a catch, or slide, a bobble where it's pulled in on second effort. QB accuracy looks to be a neutered improvement.

This game has potential, but they design it for tourney play. Place premiums on user control and minimize randomness like errant throws, penalties etc. What you get is bad animations and quarterbacks regularly completing 80%.

The flaws in this game we see as legacy issues are design flaws that are unavoidable with the game EA is making.