Old 07-18-2014, 02:10 PM   #94
GiantBlue76
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23

Play #2 BAL@CLE
Flacco steps up in pocket.. 0:18 see a 4 man rush /1Lbacker.. must be dime.

I have a issue with Flacco stepping up in pocket to about 3-4 yards behind LOS --nearing LOS which is apparently the 24' (3rd&6 --Yellow line on 30') and the CLE- DB on right side of the screen does not Clamp down and creep in with flacco given he has nobody out on his side for assignment. Might be TE blocking on right side of line. Looks like a tackle to me. The DB should still clamp down and float about 4-5 deep from LOS but not so wide outside numbers making a great valley to run for QB. he doesn't have to face up and run at QB although it would be nice to see from an aggressive linebacker that has no assignment which is seldom.

Player sense should recognize that and have him bite down and seal the edge and prevent possible scramble for 1st down. (Down and distance should matter for defensive mentality.)

biggest plague to this play: this is what makes madden kind of bland, the lack of freelance instincts. When routes are done or coverage's reach their mark: Madden likes to sit and watch instead of constantly reacting, If the WR's look at the QB- Players should recognize sometimes when he is under pressure & urgently break out of their routes to get open or flow with the scramble? Routes end on madden and players sit in one position too long, That flat route reciever who caught the ball had a lot of space under neither after he reached flats and seen the defense around him he could of cut back up the middle like a underneath drag or (<) the sideways V route back towards the numbers inside like it was a slant route and toasted the defense. Overall play was 50/50 the issues are what make and break plays regarding stick play.
Nice breakdown and this is exactly my issue. I can see this leading to the exact same extreme frustration moments I had with 25. I wonder how long it would have taken for the corner to react had Flacco run to that side. I have some clips where this exact same scenario happens in 25. My CB and linebacker literally stood still while RG3 ran right by them. They only reacted AFTER he had cleared them by 3 or 4 yards. To me, this implementation seems to basically say, "cover this zone, if no players enter the zone, I am idle. Once a player enters the zone circle, then I can move to chase said player". Where is the player intelligence that would have that corner creep to the line of scrimmage or even attack it? When you tout "player sense 2.0", I would expect to see these things, especially since games like backbreaker even have this kind of logic in it.