Old 07-18-2014, 02:55 PM   #26
Senator Palmer
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
re: Gameplay Showcase today at 4:30 pm est with Rex Dickson and "RG"

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Eh, I don't like testing on All-Madden, either, just a personal preference for me. I'd rather test on All-Pro. All-Madden the AI is a bit jacked.
And that's exactly why I want to see what it looks like on All-Madden. It's going to tell me so much about how this team is approaching this game and if they are really bringing anything new, or if things are business as usual. In the past, even the developers would shrug when you asked them an All-Madden question. I remember Donny Moore in a podcast just laughed off a Q&A and was bascially like "on All-Madden the CPU is juiced."

It really shouldn't be that way. Just to use another game as an example, on The Show, when you hit on lower difficulty levels, the CPU pitcher won't mix things up as much on you as far as location, speeds, etc. But when you jack it up to Hall of Fame for instance, the CPU pitcher is taking into account your timing, what pitches you swing at and where, and it makes adjustments.

I remember a game I played a few weeks ago, I raked the CPU pitcher in the first two inning by sitting on one location (belt high on the outter 1/3 or the plate). Didn't swing at anything else, even if it was astrike. I rung up a 4 run inning. AND then the CPU adjusted. From the 3rd inning on, I didn't see anything up in the zone again. Everything was down in the zone. The CPU didn't give me anything in the area I was sitting on and I had to completely change my approach in the middle of the game.

That is what All-Madden should be. It should be a chess game. Instead the way Madden has always approached this was to handicap you with sliders so that the CPU reacts a tick faster, your guys a tick slower. Your guys get stuck to blocks, the CPU sheds in a millisecond. If you look at the slider pre-sets in All-Madden, everything for the CPU is at 50 while the USER is at 25. That's just a flat out lame approach to me. If we can't get the animations we want, we should at the very least be scratching the surface of the intellectual side of football (for those of us that want that).

I remember reading a while back about the enhanced AI making adjustments, playing you smarter (something I've heard for a few years now). With the power of this new generation of consoles that is exactly what we should be seeing on the highest difficulty levels of the game. Now to be fair, I did notice the CPU calling a better game overall in Madden 25, but there was still WAAAAYYYY too much wonkiness that found its way over from the last gen engine.

Last edited by Senator Palmer; 07-18-2014 at 02:58 PM.