View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 09:59 PM   #156
Flamehead
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream Starts at 4:30 PM EST, Watch it Here

I guarantee videos like this will sell more copies than any marketing BS, company lines, "back of the box" bullet-points, trailers, etc.

Rex and co. TALKED to us--I appreciated the honesty on the shortcomings and the focus on realism. To have our intelligence insulted for years last-gen with all the pre-release fluff, this video was a breath of fresh air.

I don't care what anyone says about "the casuals", it is no accident that sim-like titles like The Show, NBA 2K, etc. have their stellar reputations with accompanying sales to boot. Heck, Project CARS isn't due till November and the racing community is salivating over it--why? Because Slightly Mad Studios are unabashedly calling it a sim with options to tailor the difficulty; and those playing the various builds on PC are backing that claim up. Sim sells. The casuals will adjust.

I was completely ready to bypass this year's madden and maybe even next year's. It's never been easier for me now with the various stellar titles coming out this fall across platforms + racing and flight sims I can play on the PC. Plus Madden's become so stale this past generation.

I'm not bound and determined to buy now, but as another poster said, it's back on the radar. And if they deliver, heck yeah I'll buy. I'll gladly fork over my money and sing their praises if they produce a good sim product. That's all we've been begging for.

Last edited by Flamehead; 07-18-2014 at 10:07 PM.