View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 01:08 AM   #196
PacMan3000
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream Starts at 4:30 PM EST, Watch it Here

I appreciated so much about this stream.

1) You didn't answer half the questions with "we'll get to that next year" or "there wasn't enough dev cycle time." In fact, I'd argue that you guys worked FAR more on this game than I would've expected in a typical one year cycle, and that's what we all want to see. And the game is CLEARLY better from it--as far as we can tell without touching the sticks of course.

2) You didn't just answer cupcake questions about weather, grass and stadiums. The questions were in-depth about defensive schemes and coverages--pretty complex stuff for anyone who's not a football junkie--and you not only explained it in a fashion that didn't talk down to your viewers, but a passionate guy like RG actually had answers. Not fluff answers. Real, in-depth answers.

3) Every single year on this board, we get to E3, and we see a ton of stuff that doesn't look good. And every year, defenders will come here and say, "don't worry, it's just an early build. It'll get better." And it doesn't.

I can honestly say that, this is probably the first Madden game in a long time--maybe ever?--where I watched the E3 footage and thought, "Wow, that's pretty good!" and then watched the stream a month later and clearly noted a significant improvement. Hats off to you guys.

4) Tackling. Sure, as Rex mentioned, complete gang tackling is not totally here. But I saw fundamental one on one takedowns. I saw multiple hits and even a tackle where two guys where bringing down a guy, and a third sort of comes in to "clean up" over the top.

Other things that stood out: Fidgeting pre-play. WR's looking back at the QB. Lineman rocking and moving back and forth. Only thing I would've liked to see was some movement from the RB--he always seemed pretty static to me.

Also, these real-time post-play sequences are fantastic. I mean, yes, we play for strong in-game gameplay, but the post-play is taking the atmosphere and emotion to another level. These players are starting to feel more alive and actually into the game they're playing.

Great stuff.