Old 07-19-2014, 08:19 AM   #220
roadman
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream Starts at 4:30 PM EST, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
This is why I do not see 1 year being a fair assesment.

Consider the Sim quality their other sports titles are pushing and the fan fare those games are gaining. If Rex and Co. are given 2-3 more years to develop what FIFA and NHL have: I am not so sure the slope will rise but there will always be a peak so hopfeully they know their baseline & learn to play hard within their baseline and ballpark and not swing for the fences in a league they are not built for.

If Madden can continue in this course I can see them finally being branded w the phrase "if you love Football: this is the game for you!" - as JP might say

There are tonnes of folks who are not soccer fans but who watch the World Cup for the spectacle - Madden can create that same sensational buzz if they stay the course.

There are other games who have reached that fulfilment in their genres and I can picture Rex's crew reaching that pinnacle if they are given more time to develop that world cup product: just as the NFL Commisioner is trying to expand the NFL overseas.

It will be more telling to see how this title rates out on Metacritic and via other media outlets than via sales, in my consumer opinion.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
That's a big IF you are putting out there.

Let's not forget that EA told Ian and company to go in another direction from 10 to 11, fair or not.

Nothing much for me to add to what everyone else has said. I mentioned just recently before the stream that 15 looked like as big as jump that 10 did.

Plus, I've been in Rex's corner since last November's interview with Clint and Rich Grisom. His interviews since then have been on point with candor and straight to the point.

Last edited by roadman; 07-19-2014 at 08:22 AM.