Old 07-19-2014, 01:38 PM   #258
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream Starts at 4:30 PM EST, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
One thing I forgot to mention in my previous praise was the beauty of seeing a defender attack the correct shoulder instead of simply engaging the blocker straight on like it has always been. I just wanted to cry it was so beautiful. This sort of logic not only improves the game overall, but should also improve the efficacy of the 3-4 defense.
This a great example of what posters like LBz, Bezo, Senator Palmer, Giantblue76 and others have been talking about for years, that this kind of stuff, like attacking the outside shoulder, has nothing to do with User control or casuals, since it's in-game it should be implemented realistically. No casual gamer is going to get frustrated because different dline fronts attacking in different ways, if anything they'll quickly pickup on and be glad that x play can defend outside runs. Implement real football when possible and it becomes much easier for everyone to understand and learn the basics of what's effective against what. The way it stands right now, you need a Phd in Maddenology to stop something as basic as an outside sweep and I'm glad that seems to be changing.