Old 07-19-2014, 01:48 PM   #259
bad_philanthropy
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream Starts at 4:30 PM EST, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm not even willing to give the entire team a pass yet. Rex and the gameplay guys have chosen to move in a more sim direction and repair issues from the past and I applaud them for that.

Now...Josh Looman and the franchise team? Nah. They dont get a pass. They singlehandedly destroyed franchise by choosing to focus on Twitter feeds, hot dog prices and leveling up than things that people here are looking for. The fact that CFM doesnt have realistic stats, CPU v. CPU, individual defensive matchups, out of game formation subs or CPU controlled teams that play like they do in real life (without major tweaking) is ridiculous.

I'm interested in what they will present around August but I'm not hopeful based on the casual focus they've had in past years.
Very true. The leveling XP system as a means to simulate player development is a narrow concept and just a disaster. The stats curve for passing completion/yards in simmed games is laughable with like a third of the league hitting under 40% completions. Obviously passing stats aren't the only problem either.

I'll harp on my most hated visual aspect of last year's gen 4 offering; the damned "living worlds" where the crowd/sideline media/camera guys are wearing shorts and t-shirts in the cold. I haven't seen any evidence this is fixed yet.