Old 07-20-2014, 05:38 AM   #312
strawberryshortcake
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by undrafted
I suspect that the simultaneous aspect is the culprit here.
You have a fixed budget of time to spend on computations, before your time to produce the current frame runs out...
If those 22 movement routines take too long (even considering multi-threading) the result are missed frames and unstable frame rate (something you don't want to see in a sport game - if ever).

What seem to work simultaneously now are the "player sense" routines, and I noticed sincere and spontaneous enthusiasm from Mr. Dickson, as he underlined those little glimpses of 'self-determination' shown by the players on the field.
You seem to be well versed and have a good understanding on programming. What is your (or anyone else's) educated take on FIFA vs Madden locomotion system? Soccer has 22 players on the field simultaneously and so does football. The physical interaction obviously differ between soccer and football. Football has physical contact on every single play. But even during Madden sequences where contact have not been made and are not made, sliding is still present. I have yet to see any players in FIFA slide into position. All FIFA players seem to realistically plant their foot with every move.

Anyone have a reasonable educated guess on why FIFA apparently has unadvertised true step applied to all 22 players and Madden does not.

Side Note: Unless I'm mistaken, the Ignite engine is suppose to allow EA sports division to extract and "share" elements from one sport to another. Wondering what challenges are preventing the transfer of locomotion/foot plant from FIFA to Madden.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 07-20-2014 at 05:40 AM.