View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 05:52 AM   #54
Fist Of Kings
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Why The NFL 2K Series Was Truly Great And Why You Should Miss It

I agree with your post CM, but for me it's hard to be critical of a game that came out in 2004 instead of the yearly editions we get of madden each year. I feel a lot of those flaws would have been addressed by now if they were still able to make nfl games. The thought of a football game having player tendencies like in the 2k basketball games would make most of us drool, and they were heading in that direction in apf with player traits. I really liked that idea.

The only reasons I play 2K5 now is because I prefer it's gameplay and I'm a big presentation guy, areas I feel are lacking in Madden. In 2K5, I can really feel a difference in power vs speed rbs, and I like it's defensive line play better. But 2K5 old as dirt though and has some major flaws that are game game enders for some people, so if Madden 15 improves it's a.i. and/or commentary on current gen(don't have the money to upgrade right now), then I'll pick it up in an instant.

I'd like it a lot better if 2K5 was just a retro game for me to play occasionally instead of being my main football fix because that's what it should be.