JaymeeAwesome
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Let's talk about player movement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
I think I hear you!

I have always liked the current speed compared to Madden 10's slow sim style but never enjoyed the reality of this very topic: players cover too much ground too quickly.

I used Kyle Rouldolph as a case study and found the following regarding player size
: field size.

At 6'6" Rudolph appears (captured flat and extended) on the ground) a helmet longer than the distance of five yards: In reality, 5 yards is equivalent to 15ft.

If we break thia down to inches we get a better picture of where Rudolph fits on the field and where he should be adjusted to fit.

Rudolph measures in at 78inches which is equivalent to 2.167 yards.

180 inches is equivalent to 5 yards.

Rudolph would appear the same length as 2 yards on a real life football field but in Madden a single yard is measured poignantly as the length of a wide receivers pre-snap release stance.

A yard in Madden is half a yard in reality or half and some change to be technical.

A single release stride from a receiver in Madden can cover 1.5 - 2 yards!

A WR from reality in the Madden release stance would have his lead foot at about half a yard and from there he would not have much burst out of that lean stannce to be ablr to cover 1.5 - 2 yads esp. considering route concepts that require fluidity

*Try covering as much ground as a Madden WR over a ten yard distance and then try it on multiple route tangents and you will experience the same awkwarsness we see in Madden!

What is astonishing is that a very slow gamespeed wil not shorten these strides: they are hard coded into the animation library.

We are left in a predicament here with two sound optoptions and many radical other options for plan C.

First, you could increase the yard marker to reflect true relationship to player size and NFL field size.

Second, you could shorten player strides and player size.

Beyond #2, the solutions become radical. Ideally, the field should represent the true distance in respect to player size and stride.

I used to think players cover too much ground too quickly but now I understand this universally that they cover too much gtound in general!

This is not a speed and acceleration issue but a size and proportion issue: player size and yard marker distancdistances need to be appropriated.

Should the neccessary yard markers and player models and player strides be appropriated: Madden as we know it would change distinctly (by leaps and bounds!) in respect to gameplay.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

Can someone plug in these observations into the speed and acceleration calculations and see if we can prove that those ratings are accurate and it's the field size?

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...