View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 10:04 AM   #50
therizing02
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 15 Ratings Release Monday, Watch Rookies React After Hearing Their Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
So do you think FIFA is using this more realistic way to rate players? Do you have any experience with that.

And the thing is the overall number shouldn't matter if the players still rank by their talent level which they will. You will still able to brag about your rating if yours is 84 and the no one else on your team is higher than you. People can get use to lower numbers, no way that holds them back.

I can't go into too much depth as to how FIFA rates their players, but I can tell you that there is a general feeling among sim players that the ratings under the hood are way too high and it clearly effects game play. Too often you'll see players from lower division teams with low overall ratings pull off moves and passes that should be reserved for the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, or a Neymar.

For all of the great presentation and graphics, FIFA for years has suffered from cheap, lazy, old school programming when it comes to overall gameplay and the player ratings are part of it. Would love to see a roster editor for FIFA!

The comments in this thread seem to confirm the idea that all of EA's sports games use a rating system that is outdated and nothing more than a piece of the hype machine. I even remember using re-rated rosters for NBA Live that made a tremendous impact on game play. Live enabled you to globally edit the specific ratings!