Old 07-20-2014, 12:31 PM   #331
kjcheezhead
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Far be it for me to try to excuse or defend what Tiburon does because ultimately, they're the ones to blame for whatever issues Madden has. That said, I don't really see how in this instance they can be faulted for not prioritizing movement for players, if it's true that they actually added it but had to remove it due to programming issues. I give that claim some credence due to the fact that this isn't the first time a Madden team has stated this type of issue, meaning adding one thing, which unexpectedly effects something else. Specifically with regard to player movement, which I think Ian mentioned some issues with trying to add locomotion to defenders.
If it was another developer, I would agree with you. I hate hearing how madden can't get 22 players to have true step due to developing issues because of this games history. This is the game that had to use 2d sprites because 3d player models weren't possible until game day did it. The game that said interactive sidelines weren't possible all last gen even All Pro Football had it in its one and only attempt. Now with true step, it can't work. However FIFA seems to have it working fine.

When I hear it couldn't be done from the Madden team I can't help but wonder if it could've worked in some other game. It wouldn't be the first time that was the case.

Last edited by kjcheezhead; 07-20-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove