Old 07-21-2014, 01:15 AM   #360
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream Starts at 4:30 PM EST, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
On lunch break so I'm just thinking about all this.

As far as on D
Some players(gamers) might be like "My D, even my captain, is way to young and I don't want them changing assignments/plays!.."

So have it where you name your captains. Then have captain settings in your coach settings , or wherever.
Captain Settings:
NONE = Not allowed to deviate from called play
Moderate: Only on plays outside the 50 (or could be only on 1st down etc..)
High: "Fire when ready"

Then the user can still be in charge as much as they want.. and give as much freedom as they want to rookies/veterans.

Tie it into the whole weeks gameplan etc..
Yeah man, I really hope the concept of making the virtual football world as realistic as possible and providing options so the User can have as much direct influence as they choose is built on. I could really see some of things you're mentioning coming about due to the "QB AI" tech they touted in the stream at about the 20:35 mark, that will allow Cam Newton to translate his playstyle into the QB AI for his virtual character in M15. I think that tech could be the next evolution of what was attempted with Gameplans under Ian, expanding it out to individual players/positions, not just coaches.

It instantly reminded me of the VIP system from that other football game and it would be really awesome to see that expanded out to all positions. I don't want to get too into this but just imagining the potential for having real NFL and lesser tier football players, player locking on in-game counterparts for Madden and having their playstyle integrated into that players AI would be sweet. I noticed that feature seemed to fly under the radar a little with the community, there wasn't much discussion about it.