Old 07-21-2014, 08:11 PM   #32
charter04
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Top 10 Rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Madden ratings are completely ridiculous at this point, I don't just mean the numbers but the whole perceived circus around them. The more I think about how nonsensical it is to be displaying numerics that are just a part of the programming for in game player performance, the more I scratch my head at this entire affair. It's not like this nonsense is unique to Madden but this is a Madden forum and EA along with the Madden community seem to blow this the most out of proportion.

When it comes to releasing Madden ratings, it should be about profiling real data and scouting on players, pretty much like they do during the real NFL draft. That event has plenty of fanfare and excitement, without all the arcadey/video game numerics on parade. Have the teams that drafted them release they're internal raw data on player tangibles and how they evaluate they're skill and potential.

Player X, "My speed should be 97 at least", Player Y "A 82 Catch, man I should be at least a 89", etc, is the stupidest sounding ish coming from professional athletes about a game that's supposed be simulating their profession.

You video game kids get the **** off this old man's sim lawn! /rant

Have to agree with you. The only reason I was interested is just to see how over inflated the ratings would be. The game plays so much better when players aren't all overrated. Because of the rookies ratings I now know I'm going to have to do a lot of roster work to fix them.

It's just silly to make such a big deal out these ratings. Like these are official or something. Lol

Last edited by charter04; 07-21-2014 at 08:14 PM.