View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 08:43 PM   #41
RogueHominid
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15: Top Rookies

One thing I would like to see vis-a-vis player ratings is a version of the video stream we got the other day on gameplay that really focuses on the philosophy of the ratings system in Madden and spells out their objectives with various ratings, their methodology for arriving at ratings, etc.

I have a lot of respect for Rex's and RG's philosophies behind the gameplay stuff we saw, and I think that if Madden tried to articulate a cogent ratings philosophy for public consumption, we would get one of two results, either of which could be good in its way. Either we would learn that there isn't really a coherent philosophy or set of objectives, methodologies, etc., and that would hopefully lead to the development of a cogent philosophy, or we would learn that there is a philosophy in place, we would learn what it is, and then we could live with it and either agree or agree to disagree.

I would also love to hear something specific about how the game links certain numerical ratings to animation sets. For example, if Khalil Mack has 80 tackle, what does that allow him to do in-game that a player with 70 tackle can't? Or if he has an 84 block shed, what does that allow him to do that a guy with 75 block shed can't do?

Coming at it that way might enable us to move beyond basic disagreements about numbers to a more function-driven discussion that focuses on how the game renders the data in the gameplay engine. That, to me, is as big a topic of discussion as the raw data discussions that DCEBB pursues.
Advertisements - Register to remove