Old 07-21-2014, 08:49 PM   #45
charter04
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15: Top Rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
I don't know this for sure, but I'm guessing that the reason the ratings are so high on here for rookies is most likely so that they progress correctly over time in CFM modes. Yes, it isn't a perfect system, but it does make sense. If they lower the technical skills to where you want them since they are unproven, then they might not develop correctly in CFM compared to other players. I'm not defending EA's ratings, as many of you are right, Clowney has too high of PMV, Robinson may have a bit too high of RBK, and there are more, but saying so-and-so has too high of an OVR is too quick to judge. You can't say that until you have seen what other players at the position are rated. Some of these guys are overrated, but some are also underrated, EA realizes that and just tries to take a moderate approach in terms of OVR. Look at Sheldon Richardson, taken number 26 last year. Had he been rated even 85 in the first ratings, most people would be freaking out, talking about inflation of rookies. However, he played as one of the better 3-4 ends in the league, justifying a rating that high. He was rated mid-high 70's I believe in the initial ratings. A few of these rookies even make the pro bowl some years, thus, I don't believe it is right to say EA over-rates rookies every year, even though some of them are under-rated based on the way they perform.
I don't think they are too high in the Madden system. I just hate the total overrating of all players madden does. If you just go by how they compare to the other overrated players then I agree it's about right. It's just hard to get sim games when 50% of the league is 90 overall or higher and if 90 speed is average for a skill player. That is one of the big reason Madden is to fast as far as gameplay goes. IMO
Advertisements - Register to remove