Old 07-21-2014, 11:20 PM   #84
ggsimmonds
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 15: Top Rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
To be fair he did mention his ratings team in the article that was posted tonight. I'm not sure how many that is but, they still would be using the same faulty methods imo. Even if their way made the game play at its best I wouldn't mind as much but, other ways of ratings play much better. For one thing acceleration and pursuit are always so high it messes up gameplay. I still can't understand why a player with 87 spd would have 96 pur. All pur really does in game is make them run faster to the ball. Players can't run faster then their ability allows. If you want to use a high Play recognition to simulate smarts and anticipation fine but, why make everyone run faster with another rating?
You hit on my biggest gripe with the game. The underlying code is so borked that they use ratings to cut corners.They seemingly cannot simulate intelligence. Adding to that is the ambiguity behind many ratings.

Wtf does awareness actually do? It is even more of an issue when it comes to rookies because as someone pointed out, nerfing awareness is their favorite way to drop a player's overall.