View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 12:45 AM   #30
Mr.Smif
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Blog and Screenshots - War in the Trenches 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
I asked him if they planned on adding that. It's baffling to me as well as to why they would omit that. Engaged player movement is what they need to expound upon in order to rid themselves of the "win/loss" type of line interactions. Just because I am engaged with an offensive lineman does not mean I "lost". It seems they've adopted this when it comes to user control, but not for the AI. What really sucks about this is that guys who play only against the computer will never once see this done against them. Have to admit, this is an absolute head scratcher.
This goes along with them only adding True Step to user controller players. Seems like a core engine limitation to me. Since they are building on top of a broken football engine they have to take short cuts. Really, these types of mechanics should be built in the core game-play code so they won't need to use as much resources for them. But since they are basically implementing new programs/mechanics, its takes up way too many resources, that's my theory anyway.

Last edited by Mr.Smif; 07-22-2014 at 04:48 PM.