Old 07-22-2014, 01:24 AM   #396
jpdavis82
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL, cmon man. You are so full of it. They werent trying to hide post play celebrations or replays. They showed damn near every one.

I just watched the video again and because I dont have **** to do at work today I decided to document how many 2 man celebrations there were. There were 7 two man post play animations out of over 50 plays. Thats less than 15% of plays.

There are opportunities for team celebrations that they missed. Go to 58:05. Allen gets a first down and runs out of bounds. Two of his teammates are less than a yard away from him. Now in real life, they go over to him and congratulate him on the catch. In Madden, they turn around and head for the huddle. Another missed opportunity is when Rivers throws a pick at 1:07:30 and not one Bronco teammate celebrates with the guy who got the pick.

I'm not acting like this part of the game is even that important. But lets not act act like they have done stuff here that is better than past games. From what I've seen theyve added three animations (helping a teammate up a high five and pushing a defensive teammate after a good play) and I swear I've seen two of those animations in other games. The high five is the only one that jumped out as new.
Like I said most celebrations in the nfl are 1-2 people, touchdowns are usually group celebrations. They absolutely were skipping over presentation elements, the commentary and crowd noise was muted for most of the stream, they buttoned through the first quarter break montage, injury sequence, timeouts, etc... Back to what I was saying about post play celebrations, there aren't usually more than 1-2 people celebrating plays outside of tds, here's some real nfl footage.
http://youtu.be/vMXV60yi2Cc
http://youtu.be/oNQOD84NXsA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk