Old 07-22-2014, 12:36 PM   #144
4thQtrStre5S
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15: Top Rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I thought this was already pretty well known, that the ratings drive everything and that height / weight are purely cosmetic. I suppose not...?

Which to me makes some sense. Why should a 300-lb player with 99 STR be stronger than a 200-lb player with 99 STR? They both have 99 STR, that should mean the same thing across all players. If the 300-lb player should be stronger, how much stronger? It just strikes me as a unwieldy game balancing can of worms best left closed.

Maybe I am not getting your point, but a 200lb guy with 90 strength would have a more dificult time dealing with a 300lb guy with 90 strength...CAuse the 200/b guy has to deal with an extra 100 lbs.

What needs to be done, if weight and height are not a factor than, even if 300lb player benches the same reps as a 200lb player - to represent the difference in weight, the 200lb player should be rated maybe an 80 str and the 300 lb player rated a 90 str....This, at this point in time, seems to be the only way to represent weight difference....else why would I not just have my 90 Str 200 lb guy run block? cause of other ratings? maybe if I adjust my sliders so blocking is better, but I think we all know, ratings really don't matter, it is sliders and game difficulty that matter, such as All-Pro or All-Madden....

It is a joke...don't even look at ratings, just adjust sliders and move on...