Old 07-22-2014, 01:44 PM   #153
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15: Top Rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
One question that I'm thinking about in the context of this thread and the Twitch stream is: how can Madden accurately represent the dilemma of playing or having to play rookies heavily in their first year, or even the first couple of years?

For example: teams don't generally want to start a rookie at LT. Why? My hunch is that their footwork and handwork need coaching up, as does their understanding of NFL blitz schemes and protection packages.

So how could Madden recreate that reality? And what would it mean/look like to think about the same issues at other positions?
Without getting too wishlisty, I think HC09's "playbook knowledge" was a good starting point, we always hear about players coming in needing to learn the playbook, more so for some positions. Add player work ethic, morale, team chemistry and some formula where each specific NFL team/Head Coach/coaching staff effect/modify those elements positively or negatively, that's a foundation for a dynamic system for all players, rookies included.

To be clear, I'm suggesting this layered onto what's already in-game like DPP, which should be addressing things like player consistency and traits, that factor in who to start, when and why.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 07-22-2014 at 01:47 PM.