jpdavis82
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoedicyMichael
Overall Progress Report Card = C+ / B-

Overall, i'm loving the effort into this game so far. I was apart of the group who has left for a while, and for the sake of football, purchased Madden 25 on the Xbox One.. Madden 25 didnt do me to well, but Madden 15, as far as I can see, has got my attention. Here are some of my "Eye-Test" Grades.

Authentic Presentation = B
I personally feel the presentation sets the whole tone of the game from the jump-start. (& this is coming from a Cinematographer) & as far as we can see so far, Madden NFL has taken into account what the community has been wanting for a while, and thats at least a reasonable presentation for the game. The Real Time celebrations are fantastic and look like something that would happen on Sunday. The replays are sorta cool & the halftime show is fair at best. But this is compared to Madden 25 where it did not exist. My only gripe against the Halftime show is the Stat section. Of the ones i've seen, there is no analysis on it, just a show of stats that some of us may already be aware of in-game. NCAA 14 did a pretty good job of live stats & halftime analysis. I wonder if this could move to the Madden series.?

Game Flow = C+
The game flow looks great from what we can see. I really love the new play-call system as it gives you information on certain plays, the strike against this is that a community favorite play will over-shadow less used plays and seemingly shy players away from plays that are less popular. This is a give/take system here.

Also, I still wonder about the penalties in Madden. Certainly you can adjust your sliders to whatever, but I honestly feel like not enough flags are thrown in the game. If possible, I would like to see a dynamic penalty system where flags may occur in their natural state, but also based on a players make-up. If a player is always aggressive, he might cause more penalties. If he is completely out-matched, maybe there is a chance he might commit a penalty out of frustration. If he is a known trouble maker & or undisciplined , theres a chance he gets a conduct flag. Or maybe if the player has caused a lot of flags during the season, the frequency of flags may slightly go up causing you to bench the player for a while to get his head straight. (But thats just a thought. Maybe not the best idea, but its a rough draft from me.)

Offense = B-
As it stands now, Ive heard so much about Defense, that playing on Offense sounds like a task. But for the most part, I like the task of learning curves and learning the game. You will have to be fundamentally sound to play on an advanced level it seems. (As is with anything advanced). The only problem I have with this is that the players who don't wanna take the time and learn the techniques/mechanics may have a hard time at first. (Especially those who don't wanna sit thru the skills trainer & gauntlet).

But for the most part, I love the way the offense is structured & counter-structured. For example, the new Hot Route system is a breath of fresh air! No longer are the days where 50 adjustments could be made in one go. Now you actually have to go thru real time animations/cadence to get the play in! Good Madden.

Also, is it me, or did I notice a few False Start penalties in the new "Fidget System" ?? Lineman were clearly moving when the ball was snapped sometimes.

Defense = B+ / A-
Defense is the name of the game in this years Madden it seems. Quite honestly, altogether it may seem complex, but i'm sure those of us who really like to play Defense will love this new system. The War In The Trenches system is much needed. Player Sense 2.0 looks promising by the looks of it as well. My only thing is that there are too many da*n buttons to press in a short span on time. (DL / OL Minigame & Tackle Spotlight system). I love the concept, but I have a feeling im going to be turning the visuals off. Also, I understand there was a delay in Defensive Hot Route altogether, but I think the same animation system should be applied to certain aspects of the defense as well. (Not a Delay system, but more animations & movement) For example, if you wanna change your whole defensive play or you need to move your D-Line (Sometimes the Linebackers come and direct them in which way to shift). Or maybe a Coverage assignment shift in where most cases the Safeties relay the play the corners.

All progress report grades based on what I have "Seen". I have not played the game. Im not always right & i'm always open to discuss any part of this & most of these are my opinions too lol
Why are you making a report card when the game isn't even finished. The halftime show was not finished and we haven't even seen a lot of the presentation yet. We haven't seen any CFM yet and barely any team specific presentation elements. The gameplay is probably pretty close to the final build but presentation wise they worked on it after E3, and even at E3 we never saw much of the jumbotrons, or any player spotlight montages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk