Old 07-22-2014, 11:07 PM   #9
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15 Blog & Screenshots - Tackling Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
I would have to say I disagree, the problem with that is now the CPU has to match tackles base in animation and we all know how repetitive that can get with madden. It takes the physic out at least on the 1st tackler engaged. It also creates warping when the CPU can't match the angle with the right animation. At the end of the day I don't want animation to determine my tackle I want real life physic. That's what the community wanted like the last 8 years and now that we are bored with the physic engine lets bring back the animation base tackle.

It's like a guy that said that madden 08 is the best game ever because they are sick of playing the new game. When this Same guy b$it$& to no end about madden 08 the year it came out.

I just think it's backwards, instead of fixing the issue by reverting back to animation. Why not advance on infinity engine by creating dive and reach animation that would actually effect the ball carrier to cause them to fall using physic and the great ball carrier would run through a arm tackles ( not all the time but base on physic and momentum)
It's cool we disagree and I'm trying to understand exactly what is you believe this does, opposed to what I do. Considering you think it regresses the game back to warping tackles , whereas I just see it as allowing for the defender to automatically pursuit and transition into a tackle attempt, according to their proximity to the ball carrier. To be clear, I have no idea if this will work as advertised but going by the few tackles they have shown of it, I like the concept.

In earlier Maddens, even when they had warp tackling, the ball carrier could still slide off defenders if they weren't at a proper angle to trigger a tackle animation. The way I understand this is that, unlike back then, defenders won't warp into position but the defender will automatically pursuit and attempt to tackle versus just whiffing. I'm thinking "ball hawk" for tackling, with that mechanic pass defenders don't warp, they switch to autopilot to make a play on the ball.