Old 07-23-2014, 06:37 PM   #429
jpdavis82
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Couple of other things I noticed in the stream.

Positives:

• The pass rush and line play looks MUCH better. Saw some really nice hand fighting and even an initial stutter step move by a DE. Not perfect, but really looks good.
  • Wrap tackles are nice and game LOOKS smoother.
  • Nicer pass deflections
  • Some of the defensive tools and audible changes are great. Provide nice counters to offense while maintaining realism.
  • The rip swats and WR swats are very nice
  • Zone chucks are nice, but need to be more frequent
  • I like the
Negatives:
  • At 53 minutes, the screen play looks really good until #74 lays that nice cut block. The problem is he basically warps back upright and blocks the oncoming safety. This is obviously a bug, but it was in 25 as well. Looks really bad and is frustrating.
  • QBs are still too accurate with passes getting off when they shouldn't
It was nice to see only a few of the real frustrating elements that were in 25. Most of the things that we have been clamoring for for YEARS are being addressed and built upon. I used to say this 5 years ago all the time - addressing areas of the game are not ever just one year efforts. Everything that is in the game should get improvements year over year. That's how you get to the top of the mountain like FIFA, NBA and MLB. Build and refine. Seems like they are doing that now.
On that same play where 74 glitches on the cut block, one of the best moments of the stream happened IMO. 29 of SD jumps over 74 and reaches for Hilleman and grazes the back of his jersey from behind, just enough to help knock him off his balance and bring him down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk