View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 09:04 AM   #4
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden 15 Deep Dive Player Sense 2.0

I really like the concept of programming the AI for each player on every play to make actual football decisions and reads, I hope they continue to build on that year over year. In the stream Rex mentioned adding force calls, hopefully that leads to adding proper fits and gap responsibility as a whole, also linked to ratings. People way more football savvy than me, have been pushing for real football AI logic in-game forever, it doesn't take away from the casual fun of the game because the AI has to be programmed to do something, that something might as well be sound.

As far as the part about ratings, I like that there is a difference in the AI behavior based on ratings and I think there has to be another layer or compliment added to that, animation tiers. Again I'm not saying anything others haven't already been saying for years but the point still stands. Representing the mental aspect of the game is great but you have to account for physical technique too, so you don't have every player out there moving the same, only differentiated by reaction time.

I have spoken with an EAGC about this here: http://traditionsportsonline.com/thr.../#post-1552230