Old 07-24-2014, 01:49 PM   #183
charter04
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Top 5 Quarterbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
I agree with this. It's kind of like the "Styles make fights" argument. Kaepernick and Wilson aren't better quarterbacks than Manning or Brady. However, against the Seahawks Kaepernick is better than Manning because of his athleticism and ability to match up physically to the Seahawks. Who was better? Manning in the Superbowl or Kaepernick in the NFC championship game vs the Seahawks? And no I'm not speaking of pure stats. I'm speaking of effectiveness, i.e. a tipped pass away from winning vs getting blown out.

Same can be said for Wilson. He was better against the Broncos in the Superbowl than Brady was vs the Broncos in the AFC championship game. Why? Because when Brady got pressured he was rendered pretty much helpless because he can't move. When Wilson got pressured vs the Broncos he escaped the pocket, bought a little extra time and converted several crucial 3rd downs.

I'm not sure if you can make those assessments based on how player A played agains a team versus how player B played against that same team. Every week is different. For example Romo had 506 yards and 5 TDs against that Denver D. That doesn't mean he's better than Brady. So much can change from game to game.