View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 09:34 PM   #548
bad_philanthropy
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
1. Where did you find this kid?

2. How many brain cells does this kid have? He seems to be laboring to think and speak.

3. I will personally pay for a haircut, a brow wax, and some new glasses so this kid has a SLIVER of a chance at succeeding at the evolutionary imperative to reproduce.

__________________________________________________ _________________

That aside, what worries me is that we know Madden brass want "Call of Duty numbers," and MUT, unlike CFM, is a monetized mode that is attracting numbers. With that organizational philosophy, MUT seems like a more likely candidate to get love than CFM, so I can see the cause for concern.
That's the thing that I hate. I guess I am just getting old, and my tastes are getting phased out of the medium. A new mainstream, within certain types of major studio video games, has been successfully produced and marketed, and mass audiences have responded well to it. This isn't some arrogant critique. Instead, it's just a lament—because MUT, fantasy modes, quick, online, arcadey competition isn't what a lot of the the posters of any age on a forum like this want.

As for your questions. Kid came up when I was looking for a Madden 15 vid on youtube. I just kind of feel bad for him, but I think his view provides insight into visions for Madden more prevalent than any of us realize.