View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 10:39 PM   #7
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: When will madden ever introduce gap assignments in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog45
This game still does not use a gap assignment system. Its a part of EVERY football teams defense yet still don't see it in the game. The d line doesn't control there gaps on the run , they're doing spin moves out of the gap and the RBs just gashes us up their gaps. And the line backers don't attack their gaps , this isn't a football game at all. Its frustrating, we have cars that drive themselves and they can't even do this.
This would end the unrealistic dominance of the outside run, and it wouldn't require new "wide" formations that aren't really used in the NFL in the way Madden is trying to implement them (and I'm skeptical they would work anyway; moving players around to wider formations in Madden 25 did nothing to fix the insanely unrealistic edge setting A.I., and outside runs dominated regardless). Setting the edge is a football fundamental, and it would be nice if that could be put it, like really put in. I understand how it would be extremely difficult though without removing all control from the user. But as you said, as a society we should have the tech.