View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 12:50 PM   #21
m1ke_nyc

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: OS Roundtable: How Would Football Be Different Without Exclusivity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Dozer
Competition always makes things better. Exclusivity like this should be illegal.
I disagree with this comment and heres why, the NFL should have every right to sell the license to use its image to one suitor if it chooses to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolgamer1965
OK! There is Coke & Pepsi. There is Ford, Chevy etc, etc. There is competition in every aspect of american society. But, when it comes to a video game EA is terrified to allow any other company to produce a NFL game...i.e. 2K. In my opinion, 2K would have wiped EA with it's NFL game. That is why EA did what they did. Think about it. EA knew 2K had a gold mine on their hands. What is sad is that people and their greed and their desire to be #1 would do what EA did. Why not give people the choice? Why not let 2K have a shot at a NFL game? Why not let the consumer decide which one they want to buy? Why not? Because again EA knew they were in trouble when 2K came out with their NFL game. And it was a heck of a lot cheaper too! Left alone to produce their NFL game 2K would have had the most realistic NFL game on the market. My hope is that somewhere in a back room somewhere 2K was still working on a NFL game to drop when they are able.
All companies wanna make as much money as possible whether that be EA or 2K. The NFL was the greedy party in all of this. They decided to take on an exclusive business model. They have done it in most aspects of their business now. EA didnt buy the license because 2K was good, they bought it because the NFL decided to go exclusive so the only way to keep your game on the market is to be the highest bidder.

On topic: I think we would have 2 good yet unique football games on the market. 2K probably would have been a hardcore sim although it seems they are getting away from that a bit with its NBA franchise and Madden would have just been a tweener game.

Last edited by m1ke_nyc; 07-28-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove