View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 02:07 PM   #11
ffaacc03
MVP

OVR: 33
We dont need an every other year release, yearly release are good as is ... what we do need is to demand developers to challenge their level of effort and commitment every single year.

Lets use the NBA 2K10 - NBA 2K11 leap as an example (thus does very well pertains to any&every sports videogame), 2K11 proved to us all that a game can make such a huge leap on a yearly cycle, yet this leap hasnt been achieved since then.

The sales enormously jumped back then and numbers have been steady since that year, yet we havent been rewarded with such a leap never again. Why ? They have no incentive to do so as long as the numbers are up.

We need to demand leaps on a yearly base, we need not to be content with less, we dont need to give them passes and excuses, we shouldnt support evident subpar entries, we must not allow them to take directions that alineate us and our likes, we should act accordingly and stop supporting companies that dont show the same support and appreciation to us.

As a hardcore fan, I never thought I could live without buying and playing the yearly releases ... then again, due to matters and issues in real life, I havent been able to fully play a game since 2012 (for moments played in 2013 and almost havent played in 2014) ... and guess what, I no longer have my eyes blind, I can appreciate what has been added and what has been nerfed, ignored, taken away, etc ... I no longer have the irrational need to buy a product just because ... if it doesnt address my needs, if it no longer supports that "thing" that made it interesting to me, I wont support it too.

I am glad that the yearly model is what makes them money, and I am willing to fervently support them as long as they show the same commitment to me; we need quality, evident progress, we need devs to appeal to us, hardcores and casuals, but not at once but by recognizing our own unique views and by giving us as many options as it takes to fit the games into our distinct visions.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 07-28-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove