Old 07-29-2014, 11:00 AM   #64
CM Hooe
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Some Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details Have Been Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
Wrong. I tested this multiple times. I started a franchise and left my wr scheme at balanced, in depth chart this showed Marshall as my best receiver and Hester as my worst. I put Hester number one anyway to test this out. I simulated all 16 games and he finished with 700 yards and 3 td, Marshall outperformed him in every category.

Started a 2nd franchise and set the wr scheme to speed, Hester becomes a 90 overall. First on my depth chart. Simulated all 16 games and he had 1800 receiving yards and won receiver of the year.

It's really dumb that you have the ability to game the system like that by just changing the scheme of each position to make a guys overall rise so he does better when you simulate games.
If true, then that's an issue with Madden's simulation algorithm being too simple and not properly considering all the available ratings, which I was not addressing at all. It doesn't dispute anything I previously mentioned about the OVR having no bearing on football gameplay, i.e. you taking the field and personally throwing passes to Hester.

It's my opinion that Madden has always been built as a video game to be played, not simulated.