View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 06:57 PM   #35
FBall Life
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 now available for digital pre-order on PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
And the smaller game, FIFA, still was seen better critically than either NBA 2K or The Show.

What we're left with is one of two things: either making great video games does not require great effort from the developer (because FIFA reviewed great and was a smaller game) or the size of a game doesn't have any bearing to the effort put into it and the quality of the final product. Drawing from my first hand experience working at an independent video game studio and making video games in clubs and on my own for the past decade or so, along with the fact that great games developed years which fit on megabyte cartridges are still great today by virtue of great game mechanics, I can tell you that the first of those two assertions is absolutely false.
*sigh*
You are completely missing the point.

1) FIFA was already great on the previous generation of hardware. And I think it's clear that Madden and Fifa were both ports from last gen. Meaning Fifa is not only great, but now has that nice next gen sheen to it to boot. Fifa didn't have to add much to be great, because it already was great. We are NOT talking about quality here. Nothing of my posts on this thread has had anything to do with quality!

2) MY ENTIRE POINT IS THIS: EA Sports games are all under 20Gbs with plenty of room to add things that could really make the games better. Like I said before, more commentary, uniforms, animations, etc. The big non-EA Sports games are all almost double the size, managing to utilize all that extra room on the disc to give us as much content as possible.

Wouldn't you WANT to see EA use more of that disc space to give us more content? That's my point.
Advertisements - Register to remove