View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 10:38 PM   #3
shogunofharlem3
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Playing with Goalie Attributes EA Style

Yeah, I max, min or middle the the attributes that I find cause the issues. For 2k10 the goalies used the wrong save selection most times, often out of position by warping and very very easy to beat on breakaways because they would go to butteryfly poke check animation but really had no way of going backwards to take away the net they left gaping. They were also quite frantic, like they were on speed (same as the fielding in MLB 2k12, FRANTIC).

If you try 2k10 now with TSOeliot and Fiddy's last roster you'll see that goalies are, not quite 2k8 level, but damn close in my opinion. Either way, an improvement on default 2k10 goalies.

Thought I'd try the same with EA. If you do Free Skate, you'll see that once you bring the puck inside the faceoff dots in the slot the goalie will drop. If you just stand there, you can find the spot just right. Stickhandle in front of the dots in the slot, goalie down, pull stick back.....goalie up....push forward, goalie down. No threat, just programmed that way.

Trying to work with that as well as trying to make these creeps move when they push. I hate watching them in butterfly like someone has a magnet under the table and sliding them around with no pushing animations.....that ridiculous.

I put about 10 hours in, starting with goalies at 36 (sliders down at first too) at all attributes and play free skate and play now games to see how things change. I'm a bit discouraged though.

Seems no matter what the goalie rating is they are the same. I'm not finished but I feared going into this that the attributes weren't going to be as responsive. More as the beers flow and I get a bit of fire.

If you check out my sig I have a bunch of videos of the 2k10 goalies as I worked on them as well as the global edits I did that Mkharsh33 included in his MLB 2k12 updates. Hoping I can contribute to the EA guys too

Last edited by shogunofharlem3; 07-29-2014 at 10:45 PM.