View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 12:29 PM   #5
Kirby_SCEA
MLB The Show Designer

Kirby_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 1
I've recently adopted this same strategy for hitting myself. I used to just leave the PCI in the center and react to the pitch location if I liked it, but it led to inconsistent results. Now, I tend to "camp" in a part of the strike zone that is a strength of that particular hitter. So for example, if I have a batter that is a good oppo hitter and has hot zones on the outside part of the plate, I will probably set my PCI up there. If I have a power-hitting pull hitter, I usually set up like That Sports Gamer does (down and in). Hitting like this is still a definite test of skill because you have to be very disciplined not to swing at a pitch that is not where you are looking to swing, and you still have to have good timing with your swing to have solid contact.

I'm glad this video was posted. Hitting is one of the hardest things you can do in sports, and because of that it's a challenge in MLBTS, but this strategy replicates what many world-class hitters do in real life to be successful, and the cool part is that that translates to the game as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove