Old 07-30-2014, 06:53 PM   #66
iLLWiLL
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The Original John Madden Football Gameplay Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHawks12
YES!! My brother and I got this for Christmas the year it came out, 1990. We got a small TV that year too for the Nintendo. We set everything up and played it all day on the floor next to the Christmas tree. My aunts/uncles couldn't understand why we were glued to it all day.

It was no Super Tecmo Bowl but it wasn't completely awful. The camera angle was odd though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I still have that game. It was actually pretty sim for its time. A fast 15 min quarters. Players got tired and had to be subbed out. They stupidly made QB's need to be subbed out but still. Lol I greatly preferred Tecmo Super Bowl but, for 1990 it wasn't terrible.

It was one of the few games that used the 4 player adapter. Two guys against two guys was unheard of back then.

lol. It wasn't as bad as I made it sound, I suppose. It just was nowhere near the level of quality & fun that a Tecmo Bowl was. Really stiff, awkward controls. Although I must say what I did like was the "2K-esque" running controls, how you would have to pound the A-button to run faster, as well as to break tackles!!!