View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 09:49 PM   #168
OhMrHanky
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

yeah, i don't know what happened here. I have been pretty positive about what I've seen thus far for Madden 15, and the last feed really seemed to show some quality stuff. But, in this feed, the gameplay killed me a little. I am all for incompletions and dropped passes from time to time on open players, but I think I saw 3 or 4 wide open drops that just didn't look realistic. I'm hoping to be able to slider out the appropriate amount of drops, but this particular video stream has me worried. And, I don't want too many Ints like we saw in 25, but here again, a couple of wide open easy Ints that are just dropped. This is where they need to have the QB throw the ball differently. If the player is covered, have a quality QB throw it where NOBODY can catch it. Then, u don't need a botched int animation. So, the animations are still a bit off. I'm still liking the overall gameplay I'm seeing compared to 25, but something in this vid stream just felt a little off.
As to the actual purpose of the feed, presentation, I'm not totally sold on it, either at this point. They're getting closer with the replays, but they are still zoomed in too much, so you don't see the whole play or get a better feeling of what happened in the play. And, I have to say, with the whole cinematography talk going on, the actual replay shots are from cameras attached to someone's foot or something. WAY TOO LOW ANGLE for my taste and too low angle for a real game. Replays, and the game in general, are shot from a somewhat above the field of play looking down kind of angle which shows you more of the field, and simply put, is what you really see on Sunday, so I'm not sure what all the low angle footage is about and was in the last 2 games, so I'm not feeling that. They show a replay from field level a few times, and you can't really see the play because the angle they're choosing must GO THROUGH people to see the player with the ball, so idk, this needs work. It is better, but they're still off. And, speaking to the emotion. Here again, they're moving in the right direction with individual player emotion after the play. HOWEVER, what is up the Jags head coach after a HUGE sack by his team? What does he do? Does he celebrate with his Defense? Does he pump his fist as if to say, "Hell yeah!!! Way to sack him, boys!!!" NO, he does not. Instead, he shakes his head in disgust as if his QB was just sacked. So, I don't even know what to say about that. They're still having trouble giving the proper emotions. I just don't understand that. My team sack qb = my head coach happy, other head coach unhappy. My team qb get sacked = my head coach unhappy, other head coach happy. That just doesn't seem like very complicated AI logic to me, but madden still struggles with it. I think this game will be better than 25, and will be one of the best maddens yet, but I think I'm going to have to mess with sliders to get it working appropriately.